The University of Alaska Fairbanks welcomes reader comments on selected online articles. Online comment sections are moderated by the UAF marketing and communications office. Comments posted must pertain to the article, story or news release they are linked to, and must comply with the rules in this agreement. The views expressed in reader-posted comments do not represent the opinions of the university of Alaska Fairbanks or its representatives.
- invasive of privacy, defamatory, harassing, threatening or otherwise tortious
- obscene or vulgar
- sensitive personal information
- inciting or advocating violence or prohibited discrimination
- inappropriately sexual
- illegal, such as confidential or copyrighted material
- commercial in nature, including product descriptions or business URLs that could be viewed as an attempt to solicit business
- repeated posts on the same story, place, event, etc.
By participating, you agree:
- Not to post prohibited material and to abide by the moderator’s decision with respect to postings;
- Not to impersonate someone else, or knowingly give out any private information about others;
- Not to violate anyone’s rights in copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property, and to abide by UA Board of Regents regulations, state and federal regulations and laws;
- To assume responsibility for all material you post and to defend and indemnify the university from any claims that may arise from the posting;
- That personal sensitive information posted on this site will be accessed by third parties and may be used for their purposes.
Comments may be reviewed before posting. We retain the right to not post comments from anyone whom we believe has violated any of the terms outlined here. UAF may limit user access, delete any post, or take any other action with regard to its websites.
Any user who feels that a comment is objectionable may send a request for removal to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, responsibility for what is posted or contributed to this site is the sole responsibility of each user.