Location: Elvey Building auditorium, Murie Building auditorium, Georgeson Botanical Garden
University of Alaska Fairbanks Summer Sessions and Lifelong Learning is hosting nearly 50 free lectures, concerts and other events this summer. Here is what’s happening during the week ahead:
- On Sunday, July 23, the Centennial Celebration Speakers Series will feature former University of Alaska Vice President Wendy Redman. The series includes conversations with notable figures who helped shape UAF’s history. The event will be at 4 p.m. at the Elvey Building auditorium.
- On Monday, July 24, the Down Memory Lane interview series will feature a discussion with Paul McCarthy, professor emeritus of library science, 1964-91. Veteran journalist Robert Hannon will conduct the interview, which will be at 7 p.m. at the Elvey Building auditorium.
- On Tuesday, July 25, the Healthy Living lecture series will feature physical therapist Cheryl Sackett and athletic trainer Heidi Watkins on “Are you steady on your feet? Ways to keep you there.” The lecture will be at 7 p.m. at the Murie Building auditorium.
- On Wednesday, July 26, the Discover Alaska lecture series will present author and journalist Dermot Cole on “The 150th anniversary of the Alaska purchase.” The lecture will be at 7 p.m. at the Murie Building auditorium.
- On Thursday, July 27, the Music in the Garden concert series will host the Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival Brazilian Ensemble. The ensemble features Jamie Maschler on accordion and Finn Magill on fiddle performing lively Brazilian tunes. Music begins at 7 p.m. at the Georgeson Botanical Garden.
For more information, visit www.uaf.edu/summer/events or call 907-474-7021.