How do I handle bullying at UA by a nonemployee?


What should I do if I see and hear of bullying or support of bullying when the instigator is not a UA employee, just housed here?


If you witness bullying at the university or a university-sponsored event — regardless of the affiliation of the individual making the complaint, doing the bullying or being bullied — a complaint can be filed in a few different ways.

A complaint can be filed by calling UAF Human Resources at 474-7700, filling out the form under the Conduct Complaint button on the UAF HR website at or reporting anonymously through the UA Confidential Hotline at

— Margo Griffith,  assistant director, UAF Office of Human Resources